As usual, I went for my routine mountain bike ride today. This ride was at Skeggs (ECDM) http://www.openspace.org/preserves/pr_ecdm.asp on my Specialized Stump Jumper FSR Elite http://www.specialized.com/us/en/home/ . The conditions were overcast slightly windy and foggy. The large redwood trees collected moisture from the fog causing almost rainy conditions in the deeper forrest. This made for some excellent traction. The ride began by heading down el corte de madera creek trail and then up resolution trail to fir trail. Next I decended down manzanita trail ending at timberview trail. At this point I had a choice to continue up timberview and start to head back or head down timberview to crosscut trail and extend my ride. I chose to extend my ride as I was feeling energized. Heading down crosscut was great single track. I soon found myself headed up blue blossom trail and then making it out to bear gulch road thru gate 6 . The ride up to this point was great, the traction was perfect and the cooler weather helped me to remain cool as well since this was the longest climb of the day. So I proceeded on bear gulch road to the intersection of skyline boulevard which is all pavement . Heading north on skyline boulevard for a short distance is probably my least favorite part of the ride as I have to ride on a fairly busy highway until I enter back into the trail system through gate c m 04 which brings me on to sierra morena trail and back to the truck. What a great ride! I was able to log in about 12 miles and I only saw about a dozen people out riding! I couldn't have asked for a better day !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment